10 Things We Love About TV's Favorite Doctor
In case you haven't already heard the news, The Dr. Oz Show is on Z Living! As one of the most prolific, knowledgeable and beloved figures in the field of health entertainment, Dr. Oz is an exciting personality to welcome to the network. To celebrate the unique and groundbreaking program, we broke down ten of our absolute favorite things about The Doctor Oz Show.
1. Dr. Oz Has A Broad IntelligenceSince 2011, the doctor has put out over 1,000 episodes of his show, and the collection of topics he's offered advice on is impressively wide-ranging. An extremely broad base of health knowledge makes him uniquely qualified to be an authority, and converse with experts on seemingly everything under the wellness-content sun.
2. He Answers Embarassing Health QuestionsOne of the most exciting parts of The Doctor Oz Show is when the doctor answers questions that most of us are too bashful to ask ourselves. In the past, he's covered seemingly voodoo topics like bathroom questions, sexual curiosities, the truth behind mysterious rashes, and a whole lot more.
3. Dr. Oz Can Help You Lose WeightOn many of the episodes of The Doctor Oz Show, a guest expert will team up with the doctor to take the audience through effective, vetted weight-loss plans. Some of these plans have included quick weight-loss tips and flat belly plans. He also devotes time on the show to inform the audience of weight-loss myths, and ineffective fads.
4. He Has An Impressive List Of FriendsOver the years, The Doctor Oz show has welcomed a bunch of guest experts to offer insights on the day's topic of choice. He'll also have celebrities on to discuss their own health experiences with episodes like the one where Gloria Estefan discussed her family's health crisis, and the health-decision that saved Rob Lowe's life.
5. He Unravels Life's Most Common MysteriesThe Dr. Oz Show balances important information with entertaining presentations as well as any program on television. In between the celebrity interviews, he offers important life secrets like the truth about frozen pizza, and health myths to be wary of.
6. He's In Tune With Alternative, Holistic Health Philosophies
For those of us who have had to look beyond traditional western medicine to approach certain illnesses or conditions, we know that resources are thin. Luckily, the doctor gives as much attention to these fields, as he does to more traditional schools of thought.