RECIPE: A Potluck-Ready Healthy German Potato Salad From 'Flip My Food'
There's one go-to side dish that always delivers, for any potluck or barbecue you'll head to this year — and that's potato salad. Chef Jeff Henderson of our popular show Flip My Food uses lowfat buttermilk and sour cream to give this German-style potato salad a healthier, low-calorie twist. Try it yourself!
- 2 cups baby bliss potatoes, sliced and boiled
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. pimento peppers, chopped
- fresh dill, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. low-fat sour cream
- Boil the sliced potatoes in salt water.
- In a large bowl combine the buttermilk, red onions and pimento in a bowl.
- When the potatoes are cooked, strain them and add to the buttermilk mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with low-fat sour cream.