RECIPE: A Scrumptious Sweet Potato Cheesecake From 'Flip My Food'
For the cheesecake:
- 24 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
Ever imagined that those season sweet potatoes you bought might make their way into a cheesecake?! Try this recipe from chef Jeff Henderson of Flip My Food for the holiday season. It's unusual, yes, — but tasty and healthy too, with a boost of vitamin A thanks to the sweet potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together all the crust ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixer, whip the cream cheese.
- Slowly add the remaining ingredients into the mixer.
- In a cake pan, spread the crust mixture evenly cover the bottom.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top evenly.
- Bake the cheesecake in the oven for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or until the center is firm.