RECIPE: Chef Jeff's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 cups chopped broccoli, stems and florets
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups ready cooked shredded chicken
Here is a variation of Chef Jeff’s chicken noodle soup recipe from Flip My Food. Skip the canned soup and warm your body with a healthy, homemade meal.
- Heat oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery and sauté until vegetables have softened about 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, spinach and chicken stock to pot. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook vegetables until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes
- Pour soup into a blender and puree in batches until smooth. Stir in half-and-half and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with shredded chicken.