RECIPE: Make The Healthy Oatmeal Walnut Cookies From 'Flip My Food'
Take out a carton of milk and pour yourself a glass... because chef Jeff Henderson of Z Living's popular show Flip My Food has a new, healthy oatmeal and walnut cookie recipe you've gotta try for yourself! Walnuts are an excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acids, as well as rich in antioxidants.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup instant oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a mixer, beat sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and eggs at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and oats to egg mixture; beat until blended. Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Drop tablespoon size cookie dough two-inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Rest cookies on pan for 3 minutes. Remove cookies from pan and cool on wire racks. Enjoy!